Do you need support with your family law problem?
The Family Advocacy and Support Services Support Worker for women
may be able to help.

Who are we?
The Family Advocacy and Support Services (FASS) is a specialist family
violence service. Our support workers can support you through your family law problem and help to improve your safety.
Where are we?
Our FASS workers are based at the Family Court and Federal Circuit Court in Burelli Street Wollongong Wollongong
Who can we help?
We can help if you are affected by family violence and have a family law issue. Our support workers can help you if you:
• have experienced family violence, or
• if someone says you have used violence.
Other family members like grandparents can also use our services.
How can our support workers help you?
We can work with you to:
• work out what you need help with and connect you with other services
• help you to better understand your legal problem and the choices you
• give you information and support during your family law case
• advocate for you with organisations like the Police, Housing and Victims
• sort out practical problems like getting you Centrelink
• help you get an ADVO
• help you plan for your safety at home and at court
• talk to the Family Law Courts about your safety
• connect you with behaviour change programs or other services.

We can work with your lawyer to support you with your case and improve your safety.

We can help you if you have a private lawyer, a lawyer from a Community
Legal Centre or Legal Aid NSW or even if you don’t have a lawyer.

We have Aboriginal workers and workers from diverse backgrounds at some locations. Ask us about this.

The Family Advocacy and Support Services have support workers for men
and women. If you are transgender or gender diverse just let us know which service you’d prefer to work with.

To speak with the FASS workers please ring 0411 103 471 or you can contact them by email at